Supreme Court correspondent, USA TODAY, 2021 – present.
White House correspondent, USA TODAY, 2018 – 2021.
• Covered President Donald Trump's administration.Washington correspondent, The Baltimore Sun, 2011 – 2018.
• Developed enterprise stories from Congress, the White House and federal agencies, with an emphasis on issues that affect Maryland.
• Lead reporter on federal immigration policy, campaign finance, the Supreme Court, the 2016 presidential election and the state’s congressional races.Congress/watchdog reporter, USA TODAY, 2008 – 2011.
• Led coverage of the Affordable Care Act and the 2010 midterm election in both the paper and the politics blog.
• Responsible for enterprise/watchdog stories on lobbying and campaign finance.City Hall reporter, The Baltimore Sun, 2005 – 2008.
• Wrote about politics, policy and the inner-workings of local government.
• Served as the paper’s lead campaign finance reporter for both state and local elections.City Hall reporter, The Indianapolis Star, 2000 – 2001; 2003 – 2005.
• Covered budgets, politics and the building of Lucas Oil Stadium for the Indianapolis Colts.
• Worked as night editor, coordinating with reporters and the copy and design desks to strengthen the local report.Enterprise/census reporter, The Indianapolis Star, 2002 – 2003.
• Used computer-assisted reporting to cover the census and campaign finance.Education:
M.S. Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism, 2002.
B.A. University of New York at Albany, 2000.